If interested in hiring a student employee, you can send a job announcement to Student Employment or you can post your announcement on RAMweb via our website free Job Posting Service to advertise an opening. The job announcement will be placed on RAMWEB. Employers must fully comply with the University's Non-Discrimination Policy. Important things to remember:
The student should NOT begin work until all necessary paperwork has been completed.
The student should be referred to the Student Employment Services website for rules/regulations, the pay period schedule, and other important information concerning student employment.
If you are hiring a work-study student, you must determine eligibility of the student during the interviewing process by asking to see proof of the work-study award. Please note that the award is specific to the academic term in which the award is to be used, fall semester only, spring semester only, or the entire academic year.
Required Forms for Student Employment Services
The forms listed below must be submitted to Student Employment Services upon hiring a student employee in Oracle.
1. Employment Eligibility form - Form I-9:
- The student completes section 1.
- The employment coordinator completes section 2. A driver's license and social security card or a passport are the documents most frequently used to complete the Form I-9.
- Attach copies of supporting documents to the Form I-9.
- Note: When the student needs to apply for a duplicate social security card in order to use it as proof of employment eligibility, a copy of the Receipt for Application for Social Security Card is given to the student by the Social Security Administration. The employer should ask to see this to determine that a duplicate number has been requested. When the actual Social Security Card is received by the student, the student must take the card to the employment coordinator so the I-9 can be completed. The employment coordinator then sends the completed I-9 to Student Employment Services.
2. Employment in a Job Not Covered by Social Security (Form SSA-1945):
Required Forms for Colorado State University Payroll
The forms listed below must be submitted to Colorado State University's Payroll Office upon hiring a student employee in Oracle.
1. Payment Disposition Action form (PDA):
2. Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate (W-4):
The W-4 form is used to determine the correct amount of tax withholding to deduct from employees' wages. When filling out a Form W-4, an employee calculates the number of Form W-4 allowances he or she will claim, based on his or her expected tax filing situation for the year. For each allowance taken, the amount of money withheld as Federal income tax is reduced. The IRS Withholding Calculator may be used to calculate withholding allowances more exactly.