SES Home

Workers' Compensation Procedures


Off-Campus Employers

Colorado State University carries Workers’ Compensation insurance coverage for all off-campus work-study employees. This is required by law. As an off-campus employer, don’t hesitate to call Student Employment Services (491-5714) with questions, or if you have a job-related injury occur with an off-campus work-study employee.


Initial Written Reporting Requirements

A written report must be initiated immediately following an occupational injury or illness. This one page report includes parts I and II which must be completed by the employee, and Part III which must be completed by the employee's supervisor. This report should be provided within 3 calendar days to Student Employment Services. Visit the Risk Management and Insurance to download the form.

Medical Treatment

In cases of job-related injury/disease, employees are required to obtain needed medical care from an approved Health Care Provider.